The City of Tucker epitomizes the phrase "location, location, location". Situated along Interstate 285 and Highway 78, Tucker covers 20 square miles of area both inside and outside the Perimeter. With access to public transportation and less than a half-hour's drive from the world's busiest airport, Tucker is a convenient destination for business travelers and out-of-town executives.
Tucker is home to a variety of acclaimed shops and restaurants, award-winning public schools and one of the most diverse business climates in Georgia. While known for its charming, historic Main Street, Tucker boasts multiple industrial areas that are home to major international corporations like Siemens, Ricoh and PepsiCo. A premier "live, work, play" city, Tucker offers its workforce sundry housing options ranging from newly constructed single-family homes and townhomes to spacious one acre lots.
If you are looking for a diverse, welcoming community to locate your business, reach out to our Economic Development team at (678) 597-9040.
Assistant City Manager
Director, Community and Economic Development
John supports the City Manager in running the day-to-day operations of Tucker and is a critical link between the City Manager and internal department heads. He also oversees community and economic development staff and works to implement initiatives and projects that foster quality development and thriving businesses in a dynamic and caring community for Tucker citizens.
Business Outreach Coordinator
Angela works to promote retention of existing businesses and to maintain a favorable economic and business development climate by developing and maintaining close working relationships with Tucker businesses. She also supports preparation and implementation of economic development programs and services and coordinating business outreach and expansion activities.
- Decide DeKalb Development Authority. A leading authority in attracting regional, national and international companies, and entrepreneurs to DeKalb County through a diverse array of economic development programs and services
- Discover DeKalb. The official Convention & Visitors Bureau and destination marketing organization for the cities of Chamblee, Doraville, Tucker, and unincorporated DeKalb County in Georgia
- Georgia Department of Community Affairs. Helping communities spur private job creation, implement comprehensive plans, develop downtowns, generate affordable housing solutions, and promote volunteerism
- Small Business Development Center. A public service and outreach extension of The University of Georgia. Offers business consulting to Georgia business owners and entrepreneurs at no cost
- DeKalb Chamber of Commerce. Recommends and provides resources, through its partnership and affiliations, that can assist with business plans, business administration, business regulations, and starting a small business
- Small Business Administration. The U.S. Small Business Administration help small business owners and entrepreneurs. Services include counseling, capital, and contracting expertise
- Center for Economic Development Research. A unit of the Enterprise Innovation Institute, Georgia Tech’s chief business outreach and economic development organization. Its core mission is to help business, industry, entrepreneurs, and economic developers across Georgia grow and remain competitive.
- Tucker Business Association. Made up of of local corporations, independent professionals, community organizations, government entities, and other non-profit groups, it seeks to work collaboratively to promote and enhance the Tucker business community.