Later in the meeting, Council voted unanimously in support of:
- a bid award for landscaping improvements for the Tucker Streetscape program
- authorization to replace a failing HVAC unit at Tucker Recreation Center
- a contract amendment with service and staffing provider Jacobs
- a resolution to adopt the Downtown Master Plan
- a resolution to adopt the Downtown Grid Plan
Council also held a first read and public hearing on an ordinance to amend the FY ’21 budget. This mid-year budget amendment will likely be voted on at the first City Council meeting in January.
Before the meeting, Mayor Frank Auman signed a declaration of economic relief for local businesses. The relief extends to businesses whose revenues have been significantly reduced due to the coronavirus pandemic. They can apply for deferral of a portion of their occupational taxes ahead of the April 15 tax payment deadline.
The next meeting of the Mayor and City Council will be Monday January 11 at 7 p.m. at the new City Council Chambers at City Hall (1975 Lakeside Parkway, Suite 350).