• March 8 – Schools closed for Teacher’s Workday/Professional Development Day
• March 29 – Last day before Spring Break
The Brag Sheet
• Brockett’s Principal, Ms. Seabrook, hand wrote a Valentine’s Day card to every one of the school’s 480 students.
• Two Brockett students had poems published in Young American Poetry Digest 2018.
• Livsey is once again sending two teams to the County Science Olympiad. Twenty-four students will compete for the opportunity to go to the State Competition.
• Livsey is promoting health and fun by hosting their third Color Run next month. All are welcome to participate! Visit livseypto.org for more information.
• During the week of Valentine’s Day Midvale hosted its first “Kindness Week”, a spirit week focusing students on being kind and showing random acts of kindness to others.
• Midvale hosted a Sweetheart Luncheon on Valentine’s Day. More than 200 parents, grandparents and special guests enjoyed lunch with students.
Smoke Rise Elementary
• STEM coordinator Bernardette Cummings wrote grant proposals for awards from the Dart and Krystal Foundations. Her efforts led to Smoke Rise earning over $7,600 in grant money during the month of February.
• The school also received two drones, which will enable students to measure the various areas of the Smoke Rise campus and study erosion.
• STEM coordinator Eric Knapp was named Program Director for the Georgia Chief Science Officers Initiative.
• The Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) team earned the highest award an FCCLA chapter can achieve – Honor Roll. These students will be recognized at the Georgia FCCLA State Leadership Conference in March.
• The Tigers boys basketball team won the region and advanced to the AAAAAA state tournament.