• APRIL 1-5 – Spring Break
The Brag Sheet
• Students surpassed their fundraising goal of $10,050 with their spring Read-a-thon. Students read for 145,535 minutes – about three months’ worth of round-the-clock reading!
• Parents and students cut a rug at the Father-Daughter, Mother-Son Dance on March 22.
• Livsey’s drama students performed their spring play “A Hairy Tale” for audiences in the Tucker High auditorium.
• DeKalb County Schools held a community meeting on March 7 to discuss plans with parents and other stakeholders for the replacement Smoke Rise Elementary School. The new school has a budget of $27.6 million and should be completed for the 2021-22 school year.
• Eighth grader Skylar Sloane and seventh grader Samantha Kirn won a $400 grant after competing in the SPARK competition sponsored by United Way of Greater Atlanta. The grant is aimed at supporting students who are taking leadership roles in their schools and communities to improve access to and engagement in STEM. Both students are participants in the Georgia Chief Science Officer program.
• Senior Khushi Patel has earned an appointment to the United States Military Academy at West Point.