• July 9 - DeKalb County Board of Education Meeting
• July 29-31 – Faculty Pre-Planning Days
The Brag Sheet
• Principal Rosemary Malone announced her retirement ahead of the upcoming 2019-’20 school year.
• Tucker Brewing Company hosted a well-attended service day on July 22 at Idlewood, assisting with painting and repair work at the school.
• Livsey hosted 68 students during the first week of June at Camp Invention. This was Livsey’s 10th year hosting Camp Invention, which is a nationally acclaimed summer program for students in grades K-6, which provides them opportunities to learn teamwork and hands-on problem solving.
• Midvale staff hosted their popular Summer Camp for four weeks in June, averaging almost 40 campers per week.
• Tucker Middle’s Technology Student Association (TSA) competed at the national competition in National Harbor, Md. Eighth grader Brooke Slone was the lone student in the nation to receive the prestigious Dr. Bob Hanson Distinguished Student Award. She received a $500 honorarium and was presented the award at the National Conference. TSA advisor, Amber Clinton received the TSA Advisor of the Year Award for the State of Georgia.