• October 7 - Board of Education Meeting
• October 10-11 - Schools closed for Fall Break
• October 14 - Schools closed for Columbus Day
The Brag Sheet
• Around 180 special guests showed up for lunch at Brockett’s annual Grandparents Luncheon in September.
• On September 16, Livsey held its second annual Think, Stretch, Grow Pep Rally. They discussed the importance of the Growth Targets and Goals for MAP testing, celebrated students who completed 50 percent or more of their summer packets, and students got to tell what “Growth Mindset” means to them in a video produced by two of Livsey’s outstanding teachers.
Smoke Rise Elementary
• The Aeroponics Tower Garden is blooming with kale and bibb lettuce. STEM teacher Ms. Bernardette Cummings’ vision is for the garden to sustain a salad bar for the Smoke Rise cafeteria. She would also like to donate agricultural products to local food banks. The garden is giving students the chance to learn about the engineering design process, as well as take part in community service projects.
• Tucker students held their annual homecoming parade down Main Street on September 27 before celebrating a homecoming victory on the gridiron over the Charles Drew Titans.