• March 9 - Board of Education Meeting
• March 13 - Teacher Workday/Professional Development Day
THE BRAG SHEET
• On February 28 Principal Elder hosted the Students of the Month for a special waffle treat and monthly glow stick party.
• Idlewood students will be participating in Read Across America the week of March 2-6.
• The See Beautiful Club is accepting donations for its “Feed the Heart Food Drive”. From now until March 19, they are asking for donations of bottled water, breakfast and granola bars, individually packaged chips and crackers, K cup pods, and other non-perishable food and drink items.
• Several of Midvale’s fourth and fifth grade students participated in the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl at Arabia Mountain High School on January 25. Out of all the teams competing, Midvale brought home a fifth place finish.
Smoke Rise Elementary
• For the third year in a row, the Dart Foundation awarded SRES with a $3,600 STEM education grant. The grant will purchase one Lego EV3 Mindstorms Robot, its extension kit and one Lenovo Virtual Reality Kit. Students will be able to experience high quality educational visualizations in the form of virtual field trips.
• The TMS Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) club sent 22 students to its most recent competition. Twenty of those students performed well enough to advance to the Georgia FCCLA STAR competitions in March.
• The Tigers girls’ basketball team won the 2020 DeKalb County School District Middle School championship 43-32 over Chamblee.
• The Tucker High School Vex Robotics team had an incredible showing at the State Robotics Championship with one team finishing as tournament champion and another as skills champion. They move on to the World Championship in April.