Board of Education Meeting
• Idlewood’s student body will get a closer look at real world applications
of some of the lessons they’re learning in class during STEAM Day on March 4.
• The 2022 DCSD Virtual Technology Fair took place on January 22. Team Livsey had four students place in the competition.
• Congratulations to Livsey’s Girls Who Game for participating in the National Girls Who Game competition that was held on February 3.
• Congratulations to fifth-grade students Daniel Jamal, Jaiden Lovett and Norah Budd for their advancement to the Metro Regional Social Studies Fair!
• Midvale is proud to announce that fifth-grader Noah (Nicholas) Carney is an author! His book “The Magic Light” is a collection of four short stories.
Smoke Rise Elementary
• Smoke Rise hosted a virtual STEM Night on February 23, giving students and parents the chance to learn more about the subjects of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
• The Tiger Reading Bowl team placed third in this year’s DeKalb County Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl competition. Congratulations to Coach Williams, Coach Dawson and the team!
• Tucker students and the community at large donated more than 1,000 books to the African Library Project. Those books have arrived in Ghana and will be used to establish a library in a Ghanian junior high school.
• Tucker’s boys basketball team captured the region championship and began play in the state tournament.