Tucker City Council met just one time in the month of July and took the opportunity to introduce a way to streamline business with a consent agenda.
The consent agenda included five items and was approved unanimously
- Regular Meeting – June 13, 2022
- Special Called Meeting – June 27, 2022
- Work Session – June 27, 2022
- Financial Report as of June 30, 2022
- Resolution to adopt Records Management Policy
A number of second reads took place. The special land use permit (SLUP) and modification to the zoning ordinance at the Northlake Parkway properties held by SDM Northlake LLC were approved 6-1 and 6-0 respectively. The SLUP will allow for a higher population density than normally permitted by the zoning ordinance, and the second modification will allow for parking adjustments on the properties. Council closed out old business by voting unanimously to approve an amendment to Articles 3 and 4 of the zoning ordinance for the Downtown and Northlake Districts. This change will allow for an outside company to run the daycare of a house of worship.
Council held a first read on an amendment to the City Code to amend the appeal process for businesses with denied, revoked, or suspended business licenses. The changed process would allow for businesses to appeal to the Zoning Board of Approvals directly instead of appealing to a judge.
Council also voted unanimously for several items. They voted to:
- award the bid for the 2022 Street Resurfacing Project Phase 2
- approve the lighting agreement with Georgia Power Company to light Trail Segment 1A
- approve amendment 11 to the Jacobs Engineering contract for staffing and service
- approve a resolution for a moratorium on the issuance of new occupational tax certificates for convenience stores
- approve a resolution to place a referendum before the voters of Tucker for permission to add roads and drainage services
- approve a resolution to appoint members of the City of Tucker Urban Redevelopment Agency
The Council recessed to executive session; when they returned, they voted unanimously to approve a settlement with previous legal counsel and renew the contracts of the City Manager and City Clerk with salary adjustments.
The next scheduled meeting of the Mayor and City Council will take place on Monday August 8, at 7 p.m. at City Hall (1975 Lakeside Parkway, Suite 350B).