GET FAMILIAR WITH TUCKER'S PUBLIC WORKS
- Improve responsiveness to urgent repair needs and deferred maintenance issues and create a dedicated and easily accessible customer service resource for city residents and businesses to report issues and track progress of public works projects
- Deliver high quality public works services that will ensure prioritization of ongoing roadway improvements and maintenance
- With ongoing capital improvements taking place across Tucker, the acquisition of public works services will allow city leaders the ability to better align planned improvements with maintenance and other key services to better maximize project delivery, reduce public impacts and maintain a high-quality city landscape and appeal.
- Provide high-value public works services with minimal financial impacts to Tucker’s residents
WHAT SERVICES ARE INCLUDED UNDER PUBLIC WORKS?
The public works referendum provides City of Tucker residents with the opportunity to vote on the City assuming the day-to-day management responsibilities of its public works services comprised of two distinctive functions: Roads & Maintenance and Stormwater services.
- Asphalt patching
- Pothole repair
- Right-of-way maintenance
- Traffic sign/signal maintenance
- Bridge maintenance
- Pavement marking maintenance
- Sidewalk and curb repair
- Transportation engineering services
- Stormwater infrastructure
- Catch basin repair
HOW WILL THE CITY OF TUCKER PRIORITIZE PUBLIC WORKS EFFORTS?
If the referendum passes, the prioritization of planned repairs, ongoing maintenance, and unexpected emergency needs related to public works services would be led and managed by the City of Tucker. However, the City of Tucker will also launch public works assessments to determine critical needs and identify opportunities to align capital projects with maintenance efforts.
- YEAR ONE OBJECTIVES
Within the first 365 days, the City of Tucker will prioritize any deferred public works maintenance and key repair needs.
- YEAR TWO OBJECTIVES
After prioritization of deferred public works maintenance and key repair needs, the City of Tucker will focus on reducing service delivery times by 50% or more.
WHAT WILL THE FINANCIAL COST BE TO A RESIDENT?
A homeowner with a property valued at $328,000 will see a projected increase of $94 annually for roads and maintenance services and stormwater services combined. Businesses located within the City of Tucker would see proportionate increases as well.
- Roads & Maintenance Service Increase: $70 a year for a home valued at $328,000
- Stormwater Service Increase: $24 a year for a home valued at $328,000