October 10, 2023 (Tucker, GA) - The October council meeting began promptly at 7 p.m.. The Mayor and all City Council members were present. The pledge was led by students of B.A.R.K., Being a Real Kid, a nature-based homeschooling program. This was followed by the presentation of a Health Promotion and Wellbeing Grant to the City of Tucker by the Georgia Municipal Association and Local Government Risk Management Services in the amount of $2,500.
The consent agenda containing September’s meeting minutes and minor financial policy updates was approved unanimously after the removal of a resolution to adopt the City’s 2024 calendar.
Council held a second read and public hearing of an ordinance to amend Tucker Code’s zoning code to update references to the Comprehensive Plan. The ordinance was adopted unanimously. Council also unanimously adopted an ordinance for another code amendment to create a new Chapter 6 Animals to give guidance for pet owners and implement a requirement for pets to be leashed while off the owner’s property.
Multiple ordinances experienced a first read:
- An amendment to the Tucker Strategic Transportation Master Plan to include the Juliette Road/Richardson Street corridor
- An amendment to purchasing policy to include federal regulation requirements
The last first read and public hearing was for an ordinance to amend the official Zoning Map of the City of Tucker to create the Lawrenceville Highway Special Zoning District based on research in partnership with Pond and community engagement heard earlier this year.
Three contracts were awarded unanimously. These include:
- Lease and installation of 15 FLOCK license plate reader cameras and purchase of software to aid local law enforcement and improve area safety
- Purchase and installation of a retractable bleacher system in the Tucker Recreation Center Gymnasium
- Design and engineering phase of the Lord Park Entrance and Parking Project
A resolution to adopt the City of Tucker’s 2024 calendar was unanimously approved with an amendment to move the date of the second council meeting in June 2024 from June 24 to 26.
The meeting was adjourned at 9 p.m.
The next City Council meeting will be November 13, 7 p.m. at Tucker City Hall, 1975 Lakeside Parkway Suite 350B, Tucker, GA 30084. All meetings are streamed live via Zoom and recordings are available at tuckerga.gov/documents.