Rip Robertson is the Parks and Recreation Director for the City of Tucker. He brings to the job years of experience in Parks and Rec, as well as Public Works. Rip is a former Military Intelligence Analyst for the U.S. Army and is active with the Army Reserve.
It was a busy close to 2019 at the Tucker Recreation Center and we are anticipating an even busier 2020. Here are some things happening with our department and ways to get involved and active as well:
Gym Renovation Update
- We host the fastest growing sport in Tucker, pickleball, on Tuesdays from 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Thursdays from 12-3 p.m. and Fridays from 3-6 p.m.
- We are hosting “Sensory Saturdays” from 8-9 a.m. Call our office at (470) 481-0205 for more information.
- Our first-ever youth basketball program is going great! Stop by on Saturdays throughout February and cheer on our Tucker teams.
- It’s time for the annual Garden Enthusiast Silent Auction!
- The goal for this year’s auction is $5,000, which will help fund our “Bee-Educated” Project at Tucker Nature Preserve.
- Specifically, that money will pay for supplies such as the hives, safety fencing, signage and landscaping.
- The auction takes place at The Garden Enthusiast (2343B Main Street) between February 10 and 22.
Senior Valentine’s Day
- Our second annual luncheon will be held on Friday February 14 at Tucker Recreation Center.
- The $15 ticket includes music, dancing, food and a romantic movie.
New Class Offerings
- Camp Gladiator Fitness Classes at Kelley Cofer Park and Tucker Recreation Center. More details at www.campgladiator.com.
- We’ve added a weekday Zumba class for those who can’t make our Saturday morning class. This new session will be Thursdays from 7-8 p.m. at Tucker Recreation Center.
- Registration is open for the next class of Musical Journeys at Tucker Recreation Center. If you know of an adult looking to learn the piano, have them stop by and ask for details!
- Our Tucker Recreation Center Spring Break Camp will take place April 6-10 from 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
- The popular Tucker Recreation Center Summer Camp is happening June 1-July 24 from 7 a.m.-6 p.m. We are also adding camp dates for the first and last weeks of Summer Break with details forthcoming.
- Registration dates for all of our camps coming soon!