Board of Education MeetingDecember 20-31
Schools closed for Winter Break
• The Brockett PTA has initiated the “FBI” program, which stands for Fathers Being Involved. Dads will begin helping students and teachers by facilitating arrival and dismissal each day outside the school.
• Idlewood held its first-ever STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Mathematics) Day on November 12. They also held Math Night on November 18.
• On October 22, the Livsey PTO presented its inaugural Movie on the Green. It was a big success with over 200 families coming out to watch a movie under the stars! It was the first time since the pandemic Team Livsey has been able to be together as a family.
• Livsey’s 2021 Whooo’s Reading Fundraiser saw students read 152,834 minutes, raising over $24,000 for the school’s PTO. Students far exceeded the goal of $15,000, meaning Principal Pickett had to kiss a pig!
• Students and teachers at Midvale showed their commitment to community with a month-long Food and Sock Drive during the month of November. The socks will be donated to local adults and children in need, while the food is being given to the Embry Hills United Methodist Snax Sax program, which provides food for 360 food insecure children in the area.
Smoke Rise Elementary
• Smoke Rise was named an Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Distinguished School. This prestigious honor is awarded based on the success of educational programs and student progress.
• School leadership is reinstituting certain pre-COVID elements of its Work-Based Learning, Project-Based Learning and Habitat for Humanity efforts. They also recently reinstituted the school PTA.